Publications by Research Field
Written by Administrator Friday, 20 April 2012 20:44
ARCHAEOMETRY & ARCHAEOLOGICAL SCIENCES
EDITOR IN CHIEF:
1. Liritzis, I (1994) Dating methods in Archaeology. Publ. Institut de Livre, A.Kardamitsa, 2nd Edition (Academy of Athens Award 1986)(in Greek).
2. Ioannis Liritzis and John Xanthakis (1991) Geomagnetic variation as inferred from archaeomagnetism in Greece and palaeomagnetism in British lake sediments since 7000 BC, Academy of Athens Publications, vol.53, Athens.[Book Review: by Dr Mark Noel, Surveys in Geophysics, 1-2, 1994].
3. Ioannis Liritzis, Evangelos Lagios, D. Sotiropoulos (1992) A global archaeointensity data bank, University of Athens Publ., Dept. of Geology, Geophysical lab., No.3, Athens.
4. Liritzis, I (1998) The Mystery of Greek pyramidals. Academy of Delphic Studies, Athens (in Greek).
5. Liritzis, I (2005) Archaeology & Environment (1st Ed.. University of the Aegean, Dept. of Mediterranean Studies, Rhodes, 2001), 2nd Ed. Improved and Increased by 4 Chapters, Institute de Livre, A.Kardamitsa, Athens, 267 p.
6. Orphanidi, L and Liritzis, I (2005) Introduction in Museology & Preventive Conservation. (1st Ed. By University of the Aegean, Dept of Mediterranean Studies, Rhodes, with extended summaries per chapter in English & Arabic), 2nd Ed. Increased & Improved by Institute de Livre, A.Kardamitsa, Athens.
7. Liritzis, I (2007) Physical Sciences in Archaeology, G.Dardanos-Typothito Publisher, 1st Ed. 2005, 2nd Edition Improved, 2007, 703 p. (in preparation in English with a foreign publisher).
(NOTE: The archaeometry books in Greek are the only ones existing in Greece and taught in Greek Universities).
8. Liritzis, I & Vafiadou, A (2012) Calibration aspects of thick source alpha counter ZnS system. MEASUREMENT (in press)
BOOK EDITOR / CO-EDITOR
1. Ioannis Liritzis, Gregory Tsokas (Editors) Second Southern European Conference on Archaeometry, PACT series No.45, Council of Europe, 1996, Belgium.
2. Ioannis Liritzis, Tony Hackens (Editors), First Southern European Conference on Archaeometry, PACT series No15, Council of Europe, 1986, Belgium.
3. Ioannis Liritzis (Guest Editor) (2001) Archaeometry in Archaeology: New Trends, Proceedings of International Workshop (3-6 Nov., 1999, Rhodes) in J.Radioanal. Nuclear Chem., vol. 247, No 3, 596-730.
4. Liritzis, I (Ed.). PROCEEDINGS of the Laboratory of Archaeometry, 1999-2010, , University of the Aegean, 40 p. (3 issues)..
5. Liritzis, I (Editor) (2002) International Conference Proceedings on Archaeology & Environment in Dodecanesse: Research & Cultural Tourism, Lab of Archaeometry, University of the Aegean, Rhodes.
6. Archaeological Workshop: The Aegean basin between the Balkans, Anatolia and Near east: Local experimentations and outward interactions in an island society, under the Interreg II Project, 23rd March 2001. Proceedings edited by I.Liritzis & A.Sampson, Dept of Mediterranean Studies, Univ. of the Aegean, Rhodes.
7. Liritzis, I (Editor) (2006) Proceedings of 14th SEAC (European Society of Astronomy in Culture) (Refereed), Special Issue of the International Journal Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, Vol.6, No 3 (Rhodes).
8. Liritzis, I (Editor) (2008). New Technologies in Archaeognostic Sciences (22 Chapters), GUTENBERG PRESS.(in Greek, planned for translation in English).
9. Liritzis, I & Zacharias, N (editors) of the University Book ‘Archaeo-Materials’, Papazisis Press, Athens, 750 p. (in Greek).
10. Ioannis Liritzis and Christopher M. Stevenson (Editors) (2012) The Dating and Provenance of Natural and Manufactured Glasses; (The University of New Mexico Press).
1. Xanthakis J. and Liritzis Y. (1990) Spectrum of geomagnetic intensity inferred from Hellenic ceramics via archaeomagnetic measurements during the last 2000 years. In Honor of Στον Α. Kanelopoulos. Vol Β΄, 1273-1294, Paireus..
2. Liritzis and Kosmatos D. (1995) Solar – climate cycles in a tree-ring record from Parthenon. J. Coastal Res., No. 17, ch. 11, 73-78.
3. Hong D., Liritzis I., Galloway R.B. (1997) Single aliquot optical stimulated luminescence dating of ceramic kiln from the cave of Calavrita lakes. In Sampson, A (ed.), The lakes cave at Kastria, Kalavrita, Society of Peloponesean Studies, No 7, 532-533.
4. Liritzis.I, Drakonaki.S, Vafiadou.A, Sampson.A and Boutsika.T (2002) Destructive and non-destructive analysis of ceramics, artifacts and sediments of Neolithic Ftelia (Mykonos) by portable EDXRF spectrometer: First results. In A.Sampson (editor) The Neolithic Settlement at Ftelia, Mykonos, Univ. of the Aegean, Dept. of Mediterranean Studies, Rhodes, 251-272
5. Liritzis.I, Vafiadou.A, Murray.A.S and Sampson.A (2002) Optical Stimulated Luminescence dating of rock and soil of Neolithic Ftelia, Mykonos. In A.Sampson (editor) The Neolithic Settlement at Ftelia, Mykonos, Univ. of the Aegean, Dept. of Mediterranean Studies, Rhodes, 273-278.
6. Liritzis.I (2004) Radioisotope analysis of tephra from Kos and southern Aegean. Special Volume by the Archaeological Institute of Aegean Studies, Χάρις Χαίρε, Vol. A’, 39-46.
7. Liritzis.I, Polychroniadou.E & Katsaros.T (2008) Pigment analysis in Works of Art. Case Study: Archaeometric analyses of wall paintings (hagiography) in Amfissa Cathedral by Spyros Papaloukas In New technologies in Archaeognostic Sciences, (Liritzis.I, editor), G.Dardanos-Typothito Press, Athens (in Greek), 125-170.
8. Papageorgiou.I, Liritzis.I, Mau.M.A (2008) Multivariate mixture of normals for clustering data coming from archaeology. In CRC Press LLC, Chapter 2, 2-17.
9. Liritzis, I (2008) New technologies in the archaeognostic sciences: multisided cooperation with prospectives. Editorial Forward. In Liritzis, I (editor), New technologies in the archaeognostic sciences, Gutenberg Press, Athens, 11-25.(in Greek)
10. Liritzis.I, Polychroniadou.E and Katsaros.T (2008) Pigment analysis in art works. Special case: archaeometrical analyses of wall paintings by Spyros Papaloukas in Amfissa Cathedral. In Liritzis, I (editor) New technologies in the archaeognostic sciences, Gutenberg Press, Athens, 125-170 (in Greek).
11. Liritzis.I (2008) Some physical methods of reading illegible and erased texts. In Liritzis, I (editor), New technologies in the archaeognostic sciences, Gutenberg Press, Athens, 361-392 (in Greek).
12. Liritzis.I and Zacharias, N (2010) Portable XRF of archaeological artefacts: current research, potentials and limitations. In X Ray Flourescence Spectrometry in GeoArchaeology (S.Shackley, editor), Natural Sciences in Archaeology Series, Springer North America, 109-142.
13. Liritzis, I, Drivaliari, N, and Sampson, A (2009) First stable isotopic data in molluscs of Cyclop’s Cave. In The Cave of the Cyclops, Vol. 2, INSTAP ACADEMIC PRESS, 385-390.
14. Liritzis, I, (2008) Sarakenos cave dating of burnt soil and obsidian, chemical analysis and provenance of ceramics. In Sampson.A (ed) The Sarakenos Cave at Akraephnion, Boeotia, Greece, Vol. I, The Neolithic and the Bronze Age, publ. by University of the Aegean & Polish Academy of Arts and Sciences, Athens, 429-450
15. Liritzis, I, Drivaliari, A & Sampson, A (2010) Oxygen and carbon isotopic data of shells. In Sampson (editor), The Sarakenos Cave Vol.II (in press) Liritzis, I (2010) Ceramic objects: the clay dynamics In Liritzis, I & Zacharias, n eds, Archaeomaterilas, Papazisis Press, Athens, 39-62 (in Greek)
16. Liritzis, I & Zacharias, N (2010) Brief review in archaeomaterials- artifacts. In Liritzis, I & Zacharias, eds, Archaeomaterials, Papazisis Press, Athens, 17-38.
17. Liritzis, I & Laskaris, N (2011) The SIMS-SS obsidian hydration dating Method. In Ioannis Liritzis and Christopher M. Stevenson (Editors) (2011, in press) The Dating and Provenance of Natural and Manufactured Glasses; (The University of New Mexico Press).
1. Liritzis, Y. and Mckerrell, H., (1979). Some TL Dates and Neutron Activation Analysis of Greek Neolithic Pottery: Archaeophysika, 10, 489-501.
2. Liritzis, Y (1980) 100oC quartz peak: a new normalization factor. Ancient TL, 11, 6-7.
3. Liritzis, Y., (1980). Some Th-230/U-234 Dates on detrital travertines from Petralona Cave, Greece; Revue d' Archaeometrie, Sp. Issue, 111-120.
4. Liritzis, Y., and Galloway, R.B., (1980). A new technique for calibrating a Nal (T I) scintillometer used to measure γ-dose rates in archaeological sites: Nuclear Instruments and Methods, 174, 593-597.
5. Liritzis, Y. and Thomas, R., (1980). Palaeointensity and thermoluminescence measurements on Cretan kilns from 1300 to 2000BC; Nature, 283, 54-55.
6. Liritzis, Y., (1980). 100o C quartz peak: a new normalisation factor; J. Ancient TL, 11, 6-7.
7. Liritzis, Y., and Galloway, R.B. (1981). Correlation of variation in the γ-ray dose-rate in soil with meteorological factors; Archaeometry, 23, 1, 109-113.
8. Liritzis, Y., (1983), U234/Th230 dating contribution to the resolution of Petralona controversy; Nature, 299, 280-281.
9. Liritzis, Y. and Galloway, R.B., (1982). Thermoluminescence dating of Neolithic Sesklo and Dimini, Thessaly, Greece; P.A.C.T., 6, 450-459.
10. Liritzis, Y., (1982). Non-linear TL response of quartz grains; some annealling experiments; P.A.C.T., I, 6, 209-213.
11. Liritzis, Y. and Galloway. R.B., (1982). The Th230/U234 disequilibrium dating of cave travertines; Nuclear Instruments and Methods, 201, 507-510.
12. Liritzis, Y. and Galloway, R.B. (1982). A new approach to the Beta-dosimetry of ceramics for thermoluminescence dating; Nuclear Instruments and Methods, 201, 503-506.
13. Liritzis, Y. and Galloway, R.B. (1982). Grain size distribution in ceramics and the β-dose Rate for thermoluminescence dating; Nuclear Instruments and Methods, 196, 505-506.
14. Liritzis, Y. and Galloway, R.B. (1982). A comparison of two techniques for the determination of the b-dose rate in ceramics for thermoluminescence dating; Nuclear instruments and Methods, 192, 555-558.
15. Liritzis, Y., Misserlis, P. and Rigopoulos, R., (1983). Aerial photography of some Greek coastal regions and its archaeological implications; International Journal of Nautical Archaeological and Underwater Exploration, 12, 3.
16. Liritzis, Y., (1987). The Chernobyl fallout in Greece and its effects on the dating of archaeological materials; Nuclear Instruments and Methods, A260, 534-537.
17. Liritzis, Y., (1985). Archaeomagnetism, Santorini volcanic eruption and destruction levels on Crete; Nature, 313, 74-76.
18. Liritzis, Y., (1985). Determination of annual γ dose-rates in archaeological sites: effects on response and seasonal variation: Revue d' Archaeometrie No. 9., 19-25.
19. Liritzis, Y., (1984). Reappraisal of Minoan kilns by thermoluminescence and Neutron Activation / XRF analyses: Revue d' Archaeometrie, 8, 7-20.
20. Liritzis, Y., (1985). Maximum entropy and power spectrum analyses of geomagnetic data: emphasis on the 200 year period; J. Earth, Moon and Planets, 34, 235-249.
21. Danali – Cotsakis, S. and Liritzis, Y., (1985) U-disequilibrium in Greek archaeological clays and pottery by gamma-spectrometry: effects on TL dating; P.AC.T., 15, 75-86.
22. Liritzis, Y., (1985). An indication of universal linear variation of K2O with β-dose rates in ceramics; J. Ancient TL., 3, 11-16.
23. Liritzis, Y., (1985). Variations in β-particle dose attenuation of some Hellenic ceramics; Nuclear Tracks and Detectors, 10, 667-672.
24. Liritzis Y., (1986) The significance of gamma-self-dose and β ranges in ceramics revisited; Revue d' Archaeometrie, 10, 95-102.
25. Liritzis, Y. and Petropoulos, B., (1987). Latitude dependence auroral frequency in relation to solar-terrestrial and interplanetary parameters. Earth, Moon and Planets, 39., 75-91.
26. Liritzis, Y. Danali-Cotsakis, S., (1987). Beta Rose Rates derived from Gamma Spectroscopy and low Beta anticoincidence system of various environment materials of archaeological origin. Science of Total Environment, Amsterdam, 70, 41-54.
27. Liritzis Y. (1987/88) Signs of variation of Uranium and Thorium isotopes in Cave sediments. Bull. Geol. Pays. Hell., 33, 433-441.
28. Liritzis Y. (1988) Aurorae boreales and geomagnetic inclinations as aids to archaeomagnetic dating. Earth, Moon and Planets, 42, 151-162.
29. Liritzis, Y., (1989). U-series dating of spelethems relevant to Cave Art. European journal of P.A.C.T. 17, II 2.4, 307-322.
30. Aitken, M.J., Allsop, A.L., Bussell, G.D., Liritzis, Y. and Winter, M.B., (1989) Geomagnetic intensity measurements using bricks from Greek churches of first and second millenia AD. Archaeometry, 31, 1, 77-87.
31. Liritzis Y. and Maniatis Y. (1989) Experiments on ESR dating of Quaternary bones and calcites. J. Radional. Nucl. Chem., 129, 1, 13-21.
32. Liritzis Y. (1989) Dating of Calcites: Some aspects of radiation survey in caves and dose-rates. Bull. Geol. Pays. Hell., 34/1, 123-136.
33. Tsokas G. and Liritzis Y. (1990) Resistivity prospecting in the centre of Athens for the detection of buried antiquities. Prospezioni Archaeologishe. Quaderni 1 133-143.
34. Liritzis Y., (1989) Greek archaeomagnetic intensities; Some aspects of reliability and geophysical implications. Earth, Moon and Planets, 47, 1-13.
35. Xanthakis J. and Liritzis Y. (1989) Spectral analysis of archaeomagnetic inclinations for the last 2000 years. Earth, Moon and Planets, 45-139-151.
36. Liritzis (1989) Dating of quaternary sediments by beta thermoluminescence: Investigations of a new method. Analles Soc. Geolog. Belgique, T. 112, 1, 197-20 6.
37. Liritzis Y., Orphanidis-Georgiadis L. and Efstratiou N. (1991) Neolithic Thessaly, and the Sporades: Remarks on Cultural contacts between Sesklo, Dimini and Aghios Petros based on trace element analysis and archaeological evidence. Oxford Journal of Archaeology, 10, 3, 307-313.
38. Galloway R.B. and Liritzis (1991) Scattering correction in beta dosimetry by beta particle counting. Nuclear Tracks Radiat. Meas. 18, 1/2, 239-247.
39. Liritzis Y. and Kovachena M. (1992). Evidence for sharp changes in the archaeomagnetic intensity variation during the last 2000 years. Physics of the Earth and Planetary Interiors 70, 85-89.
40. Liritzis I. and Kokkoris M. (1992) Revised dose-rate data for thermoluminescence/ ESR dating. Nuclear Geophysics, vol. 6, No. 3, 423-443.
41. Galloway R.B. and Liritzis Y. (1992) Provenence of Aegean volcanic tephras by high resolution gamma spectrometry. Nuclear Geophysics (Int. J. Radiat. Appl. Instrum. Part. E) 281, Sept. Issue, 6, 3, 405-411.
42. Liritzis I. Lagios E. (1993) A global archaeomagnetic data bank. EOS, 74, 27, 303, 306.
43. Liritzis I., Galloway R.B., Kovacheva M. and Kalcheva B.B (1994) Influence of climate on the radioactivity of lake and sea sediments: first results. Geophysical J. Intern, 1 16, 683-687.
44. Liritzis (1994) A new dating method by thermoluminescence of carved megalithic stone building. Comptes Rendus (Academie des Sciences), Paris, t. 319, serie II, 603-610.
45. Liritzis.I (1994) Archaeometry: Dating the past. EKISTICS, t.368/364, 361-366.
46. Liritzis I., Galloway R.B. and Theocaris P. (1994) Thermoluminescence dating of ceramics revisited: Optical stimulated luminesccence of quartz single aliquot with green light emitting diodes. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. Letters, 188 (3), 189-198.
47. Theocaris P., Liritzis I., Lagios E., and Sampson A. (1997). Geophysical prospection and archaeological test excavation and dating in two Hellenic pyramids. Surveys in Geophysics, 17, 593-618.
48. Theocaris P.S., Liritzis I. and Galloway R.B. (1994). Dating of two Hellenic pyramids by a novel application of thermoluminescence. J. Archaeological Science, 24, 399-405.
49. Liritzis I., (1995) Alternative determination of equivalent dose by green light emitting diodes Optically Stimulated Luminescence using the unstable luminescence. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem., 190, 1, 13-21.
50. Liritzis I., Michael C. and Galloway R.B. A (1996) A significant Aegean volcanic eruption during the second millennium B.C. revealed by thermoluminescence dating. Geoarchaeology Internat., 11, 4, 361-371.
51. Liritzis I., Guilbert P., Foti F., Schvoerer M., (1996) Solar Bleaching of thermoluminescence of calcites. Nuclear Instr. Meth. B, 117, 260-268.
53. Liritzis Y., (1997) Four Glozel objects reanalysed by thermoluminescence. European journal PACT, No. 45, IV. 4, 267-280.
54. Kokkoris M. and Liritzis Y., (1997) Dose versus time for U-Disequilibrium and revised dose-rate data for TL/ESR dating. European journal of PACT, No. 45. IV. 5, 281 – 294.
55. Liritzis Y., Salter C. and Hatcher H. (1997) Chemical Composition of some Greco-Roman glass fragments from Patras, Greece. European journal of PACT, No 45, I2, 25-34.
56. Liritzis I. (1997) Cluster analysis of thermoluminescence parameters of ancient Hellenic limestone monuments. Naturwissenschaften, 84, 463-465.
57. Liritzis I., Guilbert P., Foti F., Schvoerer M. (1997) The Temple of Apollo (Delphi) strengthens new thermoluminescence dating method. Geoarchaeology International, vol. 12, no. 5, 479-496.
58. Liritzis I., Bakopoulos Y. (1997) Functional behaviour of solar bleached thermoluminescence in calcities. Nuclear Instruments and Methods B, 132, 87-92.
59. Liritzis I., Galloway R.B., Hong D.G. (1997) Single aliquot dating of ceramics by green light stimulation of luminescence from quartz. Nuclear Instruments and Methods B, 132, 457-467.
60. Sampson A., Liritzis I. (1998) Archaeological and archaometrical research at Yali, Nissyros, TUBA – AR, t.2, 101-115.
61. Liritzis I. and Galloway R.B. (1999), Dating implications from solar bleaching of thermoluminescente of ancient marble. J Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. 241, 2, 361-368.
62. Kovacheva.M, Spatharas.V, Liritzis.I (1999) New archaeointensity results from the Greek materials. Archaeometry, 42, 2, 415-429.
63. Liritzis.I and Raftopoulou.M (1999) Argolid: connection of prehistoric legends with geoenvironmental and archaeological evidence. TUBA-AR, II, 87-99.
64. Savvaidis.A, Tsokas.G, Liritzis.I, Apostolou.M (1999) The location and mapping of ancient ruins on the castle of Lefkas (Greece) by resistivity and GPR methods. Archaeological Prospection, 6, 63-73.
65. Liritzis.I (2000) Advances in thermo- and opto- luminescence dating of environmental materials (sedimentary deposits): part I: techniques, GLOBAL-NEST, vol.2, No 1, 3-27.
66. Liritzis.I (2000) Advances in thermo- and opto- luminescence dating of environmental materials (sedimentary deposits):part II: applications. GLOBAL-NEST, vol.2, No 1, 29-49.
67. Spatharas.V, Kondopoulou.D, Liritzis.I and Tsokas.G (2000) Archaeointensity results from two ceramic kilns from N.Greece. J. Balkan Geophys. Soc., vol.3, N0.4, 67-72.
68. Liritzis.I (2001) The contribution of archaeometry to the development (cultural, economic) of the Mediterranean islands. Journal of Mediterranean Studies, vol.10, 225-230
69. Liritzis I. Galloway R.B., Katsonopoulou D., D. Soters, (2001). In search of ancient Helike, Golf of Corinth, Greece Journal of Coastal Research, vol.17, No 1, 118-123.
70. Liritzis.I (2001) Searching for precision of a new ‘luminescence clock’ in dating calcitic rocks. J. Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry, vol.247, No 3, 727-730.
71. Liritzis.I (2001) Archaeoastronomical orientation errors: the case of the two Hellenic pyramidals. J. Radioanalytical & Nuclear Chemistry, vol.247, No 3, 723-725.
95. Liritzis.I and Diakostamatiou.M (2002) Towards a new method of obsidian hydration dating with secondary ion mass spectrometry via a surface saturation layer approach. Medierranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, vol.2, N0 1, 3-20.
96. Stevenson.C, Liritzis.I and Diakostamatiou.M (2002) Investigations towards the hydration dating of Αegean obsidian. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, vol.2, No 1, 93-109.
97. Liritzis.I, Galloway.R.B., Hong.D and Kyparissi-Apostolika.N (2002) OSL dating of three prehistoric ceramics from Theopetra cave, Greece: a case study. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, No 2, Vol.2, 35-43..
98. Liritzis.I, (2002) Revival of obsidian studies. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, No2, Vol.2, 79-82.
99. Kitis.G, Liritzis.I, Vafiadou, A (2002) Deconvolution of optical stimulated luminescence decay curves. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chem. Vol, 254, No.1, 143-149.
100. Liritzis.I and Vassiliou.H (2003) Archaeoastronomical orientation of seven significant ancient Hellenic temples. Archaeoastronomy International, vol.17, 94-100.
101. Liritzis.I, Diakostamatiou.M, Stevenson.C.M, Novak.S.W and Abdelrehim.I (2004) The dating of hydrated obsidian surfaces by SIMS-SS. J. Radioanal. Nucl. Chemistry, vol.261, no.1, 51-60.
102. Brodkey.R & Liritzis.I (2004) The dating of obsidian: a possible application for transport phenomena (a tutorial). Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, vol.4, No.2, 67-82.
103. Liritzis.I, Ganetsos.T and Laskaris.N (2005) Review and software assessment of the recent SIMS-SS obsidian hydration dating method. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, 5 (2), 75-91.
104. Liritzis.I (2005) Ulucak (Smyrna, Turkey): Chemical analysis with clustering of ceramics and soils and obsidian hydration dating. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, vol.5, No.3, Special Issue, 33-45.
105. Papageorgiou.I and Liritzis.I (2007) Multivariate mixture of normals with unknown number of components. An application to cluster Neolithic ceramics from the Aegean and Asia Minor. Archaeometry , 49, 4, 795-813.
106. Liritzis.I (2006) SIMS-SS A new obsidian hydration dating method: analysis and theoretical principles. Archaeometry , 48 (3), 533-547.
107. Liritzis.I & Ganetsos.T (2006) Obsidian hydration dating from SIMS profiling based on saturated surface (SS) layer using new software. Proceedings of SIMS XV, Manchester 2005, Applied Surface Science, 252, 7144-7147.
108. Liritzis.I and Vafiadou.A (2005) Dating by luminescence of ancient megalithic masonry. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, vol.5, No.1, 25-38.
109. Liritzis.I and Vassiliou.H (2006) Were Greek temples oriented towards aurora? Astronomy & Geophysics, vol.47, 2, 1.14-1.18.
110. Liritzis, I (2006) The dating of ancient metals: review and a possible application of the 226Ra/ 230Th method: (a tutorial). Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, 6, 2, 81-95.
111. Vafiadou A, Murray A.S., Liritzis I (2007) Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL) dating investigations of rock and underlying soil from three case studies. Journal of Archaeological. Science 34, 1659-1669.
112. Liritzis.I and Vassiliou.H (2006) Does sunrise day correlate with eastern orientation of Byzantine Churches during significant solar dates and Saint’s day name? A preliminary study. Byzantinische Zeitscrift (K.G.Saur Munchen, Leipzig) 99, 2, 523-534.
113. Liritzis, I, Arfara, I and Sideris, C (2006) U and Th variation in ancient slags, metals and metal ores: contribution to dating of metals, Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, Vol.6, No.2, 93-98.
114. Liritzis. I, Sideris. C, Vafiadou, A and Mitsis.J (2007) Mineralogical petrological and radioactivity aspects of some building material from Egyptian Old Kingdom monuments. Journal of Cultural Heritage, 9, 1-13.
115. Liritzis.I and Polychroniadou.E (2007) Optical and analytical techniques applied to the Amfissa Cathedral mural paintings made by the Greek artist Spyros Papaloukas (1892-1957). Revue d’ Archaeometrie (Archaeosciences), 31, 97-112
116. Liritzis, I and Coucouzeli, A (2007) Ancient Greek Heliocentric Views Hidden from Prevailing Beliefs? Studies in History and Philosophy of Science, 11(1), 39-49.
117. Mantzourani, H & Liritzis, I (2006) Chemical analysis of pottery samples from Late Neolithic Kantou- Kouphovounos and Sotira-Tepes. Reports of Dept. of Antiquities Cyprus, 63-76.
118. Liritzis.I, Bonini.M and Laskaris.N (2008) Obsidian hydration dating by SIMS-SS: surface suitability criteria from atomic force microscopy. Surface & Interface Analysis , 40, 458-463.
119. Liritzis.I, Laskaris.N, Bonini.M (2008) Nano- and Micro- scale resolution in ancient obsidian artefacts surfaces: The impact of AFM on the obsidian hydration dating by SIMS-SS. Physica Status Solidi, 5 (c ) , No.12, 3704-3707.
120. Liritzis, I, Kitis.G, Galloway. R.B, Vafiadou, A, Tsirliganis, N, Polymeris., G (2008) Probing luminescence dating of archaeologically significant carved rock types. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, 8(1), 61-79.
121. Liritzis, I and Laskaris, N (2009) Advances in obsidian hydration dating by secondary ion mass spectrometry: World examples. Nucl. Instr. & Methods in Physics Res. B , 267, 144-150..
122. Dirk Sudhaus, Kord Ernstson, Werner Mayer, Andreas Neumair, Barbara Rappenglück, M. Rappenglück, Kurt W. Zeller, I. Liritzis (2010) An ancient catastrophic tsunami event in the archaeological record around Lake Chiemsee, ANTIQUITY , 84, 428-439.
123. Papageorgiou, I, Liritzis, I and Cau, M (2009) Multivariate mixture of normals for clustering data coming from archaeometry. CRC Press (in press)
124. Katsaros, T, Liritzis, I and Laskaris, N (2009) Is White pigment on Appele’s palette a TiO2-rich kaolin? New experimental and analytical study. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry Vol.9, No.1, 29-35.
125. Liritzis., I (2010) Strofilas (Andros Island, Greece): New evidence of Cycladic Final Neolithic dated by novel luminescence and Obsidian Hydration methods. Journal of Archaeological Science 37, 1367- 1377.
126. Liritzis, I and Artelaris, G (2010) Astronomical orientations of Dragon Houses (Palli Laka, Kapsala, Oche) and Armena Gate (Euboea, Greece). Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, Special Issue, (D.Keller, Guest editor.), Vol.10, No.3, 41-52.
127. Liritzis, I, Polymeris, G and Zacharias, N (2010) Surface luminescence dating of ‘Dragon Houses’ and Armena Gate at Styra (Euboea, Greece). Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, Special Issue, (D.Keller, guest editor), Vol.10, No.3, 65-81.
128. Liritzis, I (2011) Surface dating by luminescence: An Overview Geochronometria, 38(3) 292-302
129. Katsaros, T, Liritzis, I and Laskaris, N (2011) Identification of Theophrastus’ pigments egyptios kyanos and psimythion from archaeological excavations: A case study. Archaeosciences (Revue d’Archaeometrie) 34, 69-80.
130. Liritzis.I, Drivaliari.A, Polymeris.G and Katagas.Ch (2010) New quartz technique for OSL dating of limestones. Mediterranean Archaeology & Archaeometry, Vol.10, No.1, 81-87.
131. Laskaris, N & Liritzis, I (2011) A new mathematical approximation of sunlight attenuation in rocks for surface luminescence dating. J. of Luminescence, 131, 1874- 1884.
132. Liritzis, I & Laskaris, N (2011) Fifty years of obsidian hydration dating in archaeology, J. Non Crystalline Solids, 357, 211-219.
133. Laskaris, N, Sampson, A, Mavridis, F and Liritzis, I (2011) Late Pleistocene/Early Holocene seafaring in the Aegean: new obsidian hydration dates with the SIMS-SS method, J. Archaeological Science, 38, 2475-2479
134. Polymeris, G.S Afouxenidis D, Raptis S, Liritzis. I, Tsirliganis, N.C and Kitis, G (2011) Relative response of TL and component-resolved OSL to alpha and beta radiations in annealed sedimentary quartz. Radiation Measurements, 46, 1055-1064.
135. Liritzis, I & Vafiadou,A, (2015) Surface luminescence dating of some Egyptian monuments. Journal of Cultural Heritage, Vol.16, pp. 134-150.
136. Liritzis, I, (2014) Obsidian Hydration Dating. Springer Encyclopedia of Scientific Dating Methods.
137. Liritzis, I, Aravantinos, V, Polymeris, G, Zacharias, N, Fappas, I, Agiamarniotis, G, Sfampa, I, Vafiadou, A, Kitis, G, (2015) Witnessing prehistoric Delphi by luminescence dating. Comptes Rendus Palevol (in press)
GREEK SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS (in Greek or English language)
1. Liritzis.I (1977) Determination of age by thermoluminescence as an archaeometric method. Anthropos 4, 1-2, 174-191.(in Greek)
2. Liritzis Y. (1979) Thermoluminescence dating of Sitagroi, Athens Annals of Archaeology, XII, 2, 208-214.
3. Liritzis Y. (1980) Th-230/U-234 dating of speleothems in Petralona, Anthropos, 7, 215-241.
4. Liritzis Y. and Poulianos A. (1980) A radiation Survey of Petralona Cave, Anthropos, 7, 252-259.
5. Schwarcz H.P., Liritzis Y. and Dixon A. (1980) Absolute dating of travertines from Petralona Cave, (Chalkidiki Peninsula, Greece), Anthropos, 7, 152-173.
6. Liritzis Y. (1980) Potential use of Thermoluminescence in dating speleothems, Anthropos, 7 242-251.
7. Liritzis.I (1981) Dating by thermoluminescence: Application to Neolithic settlement of Dimini. Anthropologika, 2, 37-48.(in Greek)
8. Liritzis. I. (1981-2) Study of palaeoclimatological variations from correlations of U234/Th230 dates and analysis of spelaeothems. Bulletin of Hellenic Speleological Society, 18, 315-323.(in Greek).
9. Liritzis. I (1982) Archaeometry: an emerging science, Athens Annals of Archaeology, ΧΙΙ, 85-92.(in Greek)
10. Liritzis Y. (1984) A critical dating revaluation of Petralona Hominid: A caution for patience. Athens Annals of Archaeology, XV, 2, 285-296.
11. Liritzis.I and Dixon J. (1984) Cultural contacts between Neolithic settlements of Sesklo and Dimini, Thessaly, Anthropologika, 5, 51-62 (in Greek).
12. Xanthakis.J and Liritzis.I (1986) The geomagnetic intensity for the period 7000 B.C. to 1900 A.D. Proceedings of the Academy of Athens, 61, 187-196 (in Greek).
13. Liritzis Y. (1989) Dating of Calcites: Some aspects of radiation survey in caves and dose-rates. Bull. Geol. Pays. Hell., 34/1, 123-136.
14. Liritzis Y. (1987/88) Signs of variation of Uranium and Thorium isotopes in Cave sediments. Bull. Geol. Pays. Hell., 33, 433-441.
15. Liritzis Y., and Sampson, A (1989) Gama Radiation Survey in Tharounia cave, Euboea. Annales of Archaeology and Anthropology, 3, 61-64.
16. Theocaris.P, Liritzis.I and Galloway.R.B (1995) Dating of two Hellenic pyramidals made of carved limestone by thermoluminescence. Proceedings of the Academy of Athens, vol. 70, 96-127.
18. Liritzis.I and Maniatis.Y (1995) Dating Study of quaternary calcites and bones, Acta Anthropologica, 1, 65-84 (in Greek)
19. Liritzis. I (1996) 8th International Meeting of Ancient Drama in Delphi AEROPOS, vol.5, 33-36 (in Greek).
20. Liritzis.I (1997) The mystery of the Greek pyramidals. AELLO, vol.9, 32-34 (in Greek).
22. Liritzis.I and Raftopoulou.M (1998) Argolid: connection of prehistoric myths with geoenvironmental elements. Archaeology & Arts,vol.69, 60-66. (in Greek)
23. Liritzis, I (2007) Obsidian dating of tools with a nuclear analysis and obsidian trade in the Mediterranean. Nissyriaka Chronika, 264-287 (in Greek).
24. Liritzis, I (2008) Archaeometry: an international established interdisciplinary field. Historia Illustrated (in Greek), Papyrus Press, 16-23.
25. Liritzis, I (2009) The dating of Strofilas, Andros by obsidian hydration dating. Nisos Andrsos, G.Dardanos Press, Athens….
26. Liritzis, I (2010) Archaeometry or physical sciences in the study of cultural heritage: an international established scientific subject in education. Contemporary Issues in Education.
|Last Updated on Monday, 20 April 2015 10:23|