The International Delphic Academy non-profit UG (limited liability) has set itself the goal of spreading the Delphic idea by establishing an internationally active scientific academy based in Berlin and a workplace in Delphi, Greece. By using its pedagogical and cultural measures, the preservation of classical antique values in the sense of the Delphic Games, such as the strengthening of a harmonious and peaceful coexistence and the interdisciplinary interaction of culture, art and modern technologies in science and practice should be supported. In the international context of the peoples, these traditions shall be preserved as well as the cultural heritage.
The initial Delphic Academy was part of the statutes of the International Delphic Council, established in 1994 by representatives of 20 countries in Berlin Germany – to be established when time has come. The International Delphic Council (IDC) was initiated and founded by J. Christian B. Kirsch with the aim of reviving the Delphic Games, providing a unique Forum for Arts and Cultures of the world. The Delphic Games are historically a peace engendering competition of the Arts. They first took place about 1000 years in ancient Greece one year prior to the Olympic Games and had at the time a similar level of importance in society.
Just as the Olympic Games bring people together across the globe through their enthusiasm for sport, the Delphic Games of the modern times unite people of all nations and cultures through their fascination for the arts.
Time has come in 2016 – when the Founding Chairperson Professor, Dr. Ioannis Liritzis, met Mr. Kirsch – the International Delphic Academy was born.
IDA is the think-tank of IDC, wherein scientific research, historical documentation and the interdisciplinary are cultivated by coupling areas of arts, culture, science and technology.
The 3 main purposes of IDA (described in its statutes), the scientific backbone of the Delphic movement, on a theoretical yet mainly experiencing manner, include:
- Culture – To pursue cultural research and develop strategies to preserve our diversified cultural inheritance in conjunction with the development of society. To focus on the acquaintance and dissemination of the classical Hellenic Culture while being coordinated with similar or parallel cultural legacies.
- Science – To foster a scientific network for academic excellence with advanced ideas for development in education, research and technology at an interdisciplinary level to assist nation and world decision makers. To conduct research on topical and timeless themes in art, ancient technology, philosophy and literary evidence.
- Society – To increase awareness of the uniqueness of humanity and our cultural diversity while boosting subjects like education of teachers and advanced methods of pedagogic and didactic. The academy focuses on the emergence and worldwide promotion of the ancient Hellenic spirit with an emphasis on the Delphic Idea.
International Delphic Academy turns scientific and research results into practice through the worldwide Delphic network. The academy’s motto involves “the discovery of new worlds in cosmic space – for it is the privilege of those who never stop exploring knowledge”.
INTERNATIONAL DELPHIC ACADEMY (IDA)
The IDA was established to empower people and events of the Delphic World Culture Forum (DWCF) knowledge sharing and experience in the field of art, culture, education and science. The organization is funded via International Delphic Foundation and beholds active support of IDC for Delphic Games, Royal Delphic Society and the Apollo Awards. The academy reinstates the 15 Delphic principles through its best practices and has envisioned a bright future for Delphi (put forward by Ioannis Liritzis 1994, Classical principles of Delphic Idea. Academy of Delphic Studies, No.1, 97-102, Proceedings Philosophical Symposium of Contemporary Problems Delphic Idea, Classical Hellenic Logos & Contemporary World, Ed. Liritzis, I, Athens).
IDA fosters the balance between tangible and intangible arts and culture and its impulses for peace and worldwide– besides the unique features of the Delphic Movement and Delphic Games e.g.
- The six Delphic Art Categories and their digital presentation
- The spiritual impact of the Castalian Spring
- The Delphic Poet
- And other items open the past into the future concepts – allowing to “telling stories” to underline facts and having an example and proof of the results at the Games.
- To create an environment where the Delphic spirit is promoted and nurtured
- To build a platform for youngsters, politicians, scientists and world leaders who can come together and reconnect with ecumenical values, visions and virtues
- To establish a new treasury to enrich and emerge the prestigious jewels of European culture
- To develop a modern sanctuary that celebrates the beauty of life and humanity through arts, science and philosophy
In its endeavor to promote and foster the region of Delphi, IDA collaborates and cooperates with local private and public entities, famous personalities and cultural, educational and technological institutes of the world.
Empowered by its principles and ideals, IDA aspires to bring forth the Delphic logos and enhance the torch of the eternal Apollonian light. The academy beautifully blends new lifestyles and modern ideas with Eva & Angelos Sikelianos’ 20th-century initiatives to deliver a new way of life.
THE 15 DELPHIC PRINCIPLES INCLUDE:
- Philosophical Knowledge
- Fraternity & Brotherhood
- Internal Discipline
PRIVATE UG, BERLIN
Prof. Dr. Ioannis LIRITZIS
Office in Greece
22 Apollon St.
GR – 33054 Delphi
Tel.: (+30) 6932275757
URL: www.liritzis.gr; email@example.com
Office in Germany
Berliner Str. 19 A
D – 13189 Berlin (Pankow)
Reg. Nr: HRB 188756 B
Prof. Dr. Ioannis Liritzis
Membre Correspondant de l’Academy des Scieneces et Belles-Lettres, Dijon, France
Member, European Academy of Sciences & Arts, Salzburg, Austria; Honorary & Guest Professor Samara State Institute of Culture, Russia
Board of Trustees
TYPES OF SUPPORT
Conferences / Seminars
IDA is not a grant-making foundation, instead, it designs and initiates independent projects and executes them in a practical manner.
Every project undertaken should involve cultural, scientific or social benefits on a global level
SOURCES OF FUNDS
The finances are generated from the endowment and return of Delphic Games Marketing & Rights GmbH as well as from donations from private and public funders.